[NAFEX] Clove currants

Lee Reich garden at leereich.com
Wed Aug 13 14:36:03 EDT 2008

Ribes aureum, the golden currant, is closely related to clove
currant, R. odoratum, and often mixed up in the nursery trade. Golden
currant, in my experience, is more upright growing and has a yellower
cast to the leaves. Its berries are small, sparse, and not very
tasty. Perhaps that's what you have. None of the currants ripen off
the plant.

Lee Reich, PhD
http://leereich.com/

Books by Lee Reich: