[NAFEX] Picking blackberries and harvest report

Matt Demmon mdemmon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 08:33:26 EDT 2008

I have one plant of Navaho, which I can't directly compare, since I don't
have any other blackberries, but it seems to be surprisingly good compared
to my experiences with other blackberries (in U-picks, neighbor's back
yards). I have been picking them just barely ripe so the birds don't get
them all, and they are still fairly sweet, not sour and bitter at all. Most
other varieties I can remember tasting seemed to have to be totally ripe, or
they were completely inedible.

-matt
se michigan z5

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Mark & Helen Angermayer <hangermayer at isp.com
> wrote:

Next year I hope to plant some Navaho, which is supposed to be sweeter than
Apache or Triple Crown.  I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Mark
KS

sites.
permission!