[NAFEX] Blackberries in Nebraska

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Sun Aug 10 12:45:47 EDT 2008

>     In my travels around Tilden, Nebraska, I seen 9' marijuana in the ditches so I'd be surprised if some ditches didn't have blackberries too. Blackberries thrive on less water than your marijuana.

I don't have too much experience growing marijuana, Jim, but I thought
the problem would be winter temperatures (and lack of snow cover), not
moisture. After all, I need to irrigate most of the plants I grow, at
least to some extent.

But the bigger problem, I guess, is that I've never eaten a good
blackberry. As I said, the ones I've bought were like little lemons. And
considering that I'm rapidly running out of room to plant anything new,
I haven't been inclined to make room for blackberries.

But I've certainly heard other people rave about them (and maybe they
wouldn't be as bad as clove currants - heh, heh).

Thanks,

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
The born-again U.S. president has based his policies, foreign and
domestic, on faith rather than evidence - faith that his own instincts