[NAFEX] Blueberries vs. Blackberries

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Fri Aug 8 14:21:29 EDT 2008

> Why isn't there more blackberry hype?

Well, Mark, I ended up buying blackberries once in the grocery store.
They were just like little lemons! I don't mean that they were just a
little sour. As far as I could tell, that was the ONLY taste. I sure
couldn't get excited about blackberries from that experience!

Now, I understand that store-bought fruit is usually lousy, but I love
the blueberries I buy. I'm sure tempted to try to grow my own. But I
haven't been at all tempted to try blackberries (not sure if they'll
grow here, anyway).

Maybe too many other people have had experiences like that.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of
tolerance comes when we are in the majority. - Ralph W. Sockman