[NAFEX] Novice grower report

Deb S debs913 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 00:00:50 EDT 2008

Thanks for the red currant suggestions.  I've had Red Lake before at another
location...looks like I need to plant it here.

On the black currants...if they were dead ripe, all were edible out of
hand.  They all had a fairly foxy, flavor.  I could eat a few of them, but
felt they were much better as juice and as jellies.  I liked them better
than blueberries, but not as much as gooseberries :)

All of  my varieties of gooseberries were very good right off the bush.
Thorny as all heck, but I suspect that helps keep the fruit thieves (aka
coons) away!

deb