[NAFEX] figs

Robert Bruns r.fred.bruns at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 15:14:36 EDT 2008

Lucky -

I find that a 50:50 mixture of regular soil with soilless potting mix holds
its water better.  The soilless mix wicks the water up to the surface
rapidly, evaporating away the water, so I use 100% garden soil for the top
inch or two.  I also use an oversized saucer to catch the runoff, and I
water until the saucer is full.  Even then, 3 or 4 days between waterings is
about the limit when the weather is hot.

Fred