[NAFEX] figs

Robert Bruns r.fred.bruns at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 09:49:43 EDT 2008

I have had good results with Hardy Chicago and Petit Negri, and a
Marseilles/St Anthony plant I bought last year looks like it is going to
produce.  I grow them in 20" plastic pots and put them in the garage around
the first hard freeze (usually early November).  If the plants have immature
fruit in the fall, the fruit will continue developing in the spring as long
as it doesn't freeze too hard in storage.

My original plant of Hardy Chicago got killed to the ground every winter,
even with protection, so it never produced.  I eventually dug it up and put
it in pots and it has produced well ever since.

Fred
Central Indiana
Zone 5b