[NAFEX] peach ready to blossom expected and -2 celius expected tonight

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Wed Apr 30 11:08:35 EDT 2008

Peter,

If your blossoms are at pink, they cna withstand temperatures of  -3C.
 At -3C you will get about 10% loss and at -6 you will get 90% loss.  I have
a chart posted at
http://www.theorchardkeeper.com/pdf/Critical_Temperatures_for_Frost_Damage_of_Fruit_Trees.pdf
that gives you the Critical Temperatures for various types of fruit.  Hope
this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com