[NAFEX] Himalayan blackberry

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu Apr 24 16:58:13 EDT 2008

Just cutting Himalaya blackberries stimulates them.  As the mounds get
old, the old dead canes shade the crowns and fewer new canes come out.
Cut off the canes without doing anything to the crown and it will shoot
up big, thick new canes larger than the ones removed.  I've dug out
crowns that were such large masses of wood they were big enough to saw
up like wood.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.