[NAFEX] B. subtilis

Dianne Stephany iluvdanc at rochester.rr.com
Tue Apr 22 14:23:32 EDT 2008

My VistaPrint Electronic Business Card
B. subtilis is the agent in Serenade-- and it works great to control, but not eradicate, peach leaf curl. I have also had some success using it on fire blight here in zone 5, Rochester, NY. It works well as long as it doesnt rain, and last year it was so dry so that leaf curl not a big problem, but I am expecting a rainy summer this year and peach leaf curl will be a problem with lots of rain.

So, I added another spray this spring to the peaches and apples - a soap- copper fungicide- that I hope will reduce/kill the spores before they start to grow.  I will let you know if I have to spray with B. subtilis later.

Dianne Stephany, Rochester NY zone 5-- with unseasonably warm weather --86 degrees last week and in the 70s all week this week.