[NAFEX] Move trees or start all over again?

D Stubbs dsmndel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 10:56:11 EDT 2008

Moving apples in summer is of course a bad idea unless they were dormant
potted. I have helped a friend successfully move an orchard of seedling
trees many times larger. I would think a shallow rooted B9 would be easy to
dig properly and transport. It would need especially good staking against
wind once it is replanted. Good luck!
Del

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 6:42 AM, Randall Burd <burdrs at comcast.net> wrote:

> I am moving from NJ to MD at the end of June. My backyard orchard includes
> eight apple trees on M9 and B9. I got the trees from a catalog nursery in
> both 2006 or 2007. None are so large that I cannot dig them up. My plan
> for
> my new orchard will include around 15-20 trees eventually.
>
> My question: dig 'em up and move then or leave them here in NJ to the fate
> of an indifferent new homeowner?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Randy

> sites.