[NAFEX] Spring??

Toni Pralle toni.pralle at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 15:08:26 EDT 2008

>>Spring keeps coming
later and later but the weather stays nice longer in the fall. Last fall
we didn't have a frost until the last week of October. That's about a
month later than what I used to think was normal.>>

You're even worse off then I am, Steve! All the snow that's left here is on
the north side of buildings or ditches protected by groves or shade of some
sort. Every new snow has melted the same day or the next so far but I'm
getting sick of having it every day! And you're right, I had a few garden
things into November last year. Unheard of. I moved my grapes two weeks ago
and ran into frozen ground in places. I felt bad moving them from the nice
warm sun where they were to obviously a colder spot. So then I wondered if I
had done the right thing. I have about half a dump truck of horse bedding to
move yet. It was frozen in the middle two weeks ago. I thought having that
for a project would keep me occupied and away from planting too soon. I'm
always in the dirt way too early.

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/