[NAFEX] Grower resources

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Thu Apr 10 17:52:21 EDT 2008

If anyone is interested, I have uploaded several PDF files to my server that are resources for the home orchardist as well as the commercial grower.  The links to these files are below with a brief description of each.

http://www.theorchardkeeper.com/pdf/CornellGuideGrowingFruitHome.pdf

A 111 page guide that includes all the tree fruits, grapes, strawberries, brambles, blueberries, currants, gooseberries, elderberries, hardy kiwifruit, and more minor fruits.  Written for New York state, it is useful for anyone living in climate zone 3,4,5,6 and 7 since New York state has all of theses zones.
http://www.theorchardkeeper.com/pdf/CriticalSpringTemps.pdf

A chart listing various fruit and their frost tolenernce temperatures.

http://www.theorchardkeeper.com/pdf/FruitTreeGrowthStages.pdf

A photo chart of the fruit tree phenology with photos of each stage

http://www.theorchardkeeper.com/pdf/FruitTreeGrowthStagesChart.pdf

A one page black and white phenology comparison chart of tree fruits

http://www.theorchardkeeper.com/pdf/HomeOrchardSpraySchedule.pdf

A spray guide that includes tree phenology, pest, material (including organic & chemical).

http://www.theorchardkeeper.com/pdf/HomeFruitProduction.pdf

A short planting guide

http://www.theorchardkeeper.com/pdf/InsecticideEffectiveness.pdf

A chart that gives you the pest and what works on that pest with beneficial toxicity information

http://www.theorchardkeeper.com/pdf/monthlymaintenance.pdf

a month by month orchard maintenance chart for the home grower

http://www.theorchardkeeper.com/pdf/trap.pdf

Information on the use of pheromone traps with photos

I thought you  might find these useful since we are beginning the growing season and most of them are for the home grower.  These are just a few of the resources I will have posted on my web site as I continue to work on the site.  My goal is to assemble the most useful resources I can find so they are all in one place for growers since we don't have a lot of time during the growing season to do research.  Any comments and requests for resources are welcome.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com