[NAFEX] help with peach problem identification

Ed Fackler ed.fackler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:47:15 EDT 2008

Mark:

     Regarding iding for scale, you should see "eggs" (flat, slightly puffed
up) on the bark.

     Since the symptoms didn't show up on leaves last year, I'd strongly
suspect that nutrition is the culprit  Also regardless of what a soil/leaf
sample may imply, peaches are heavy users of N.

     Was there sufficient extension (new) growth last year?

ed