[NAFEX] fireblight

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 18:41:26 EDT 2008

Dennis has been very helpful on clarifying the question I had about shoot
blight but I have had experience that casts some doubt on what he said about
fireblight necessarily being a ballooning problem once established in an
orchard.  I manage several sites where I have had strikes on a single or a
few trees, sometimes for several seasons, where the damage has been minor
and never spread, even to nearby trees of the same cultivar.

I suspect that fireblight behaves somewhat differently in different
regions.