[NAFEX] Move trees or start all over again?

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Apr 4 14:04:58 EDT 2008

I moved an apple that was at least ten years old one time.  It was
Cox's Orange Pippin on seedling and it filled the back of a pickup
truck.  I took a circle of roots nearly six feet in diameter.  When I
got it to it's new home I dug a hole large enough to accommodate the
whole root mass, backed the truck up to the hole, and slid it in.  30
years later it's still growing and blooming by our house.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.