[NAFEX] kiwi cuttings—which end is up?

mIEKAL aND dtv at mwt.net
Wed Apr 2 17:38:00 EDT 2008

I just received a bunch of kiwi cuttings from UC-San Diego &
wondering if it matters which end is up when planting?  The bottom is
not marked & they're not necessarily thicker on one end.  I was
thinking maybe the buds should point up, but looking at my plants
growing outside, the buds point in both directions (to be more
specific they point in the direction of the sun no matter which
direction the vines are headed).  Any quick responses appreciated as
I've got everything all laid out to pot up.

~mIEKAL