[NAFEX] Advice re spindly apple cultivar

Michael Nave jmichaelnave at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 21:38:39 EDT 2007

In retrospect you might have cut most of the fruit
off. Any tree that bears heavily at an early age,
apple or otherwise, should have most of the fruit
removed until the tree is strong enough to support it.
This problem can occur with almost any type of fruit
or nut tree that bears heavily when young.