[NAFEX] mara de bois strawberry plant source

Scott Smith scott at cs.jhu.edu
Wed Nov 28 09:25:53 EST 2007

> Does anyone know of a source  for plants of Mara des Bois or any of
> the premium strawberries?
> I grow a lot of low chill fruits and have grown strawberries for
> years-I
> read about these in CRFG and wanted to try them.

The only source I know of is:

Wicked Wilds, Inc. 509 South Cedros Avenue Suite E, Solana Beach, CA
92075
858 755 7650

The price is pretty steep but the quality of the plants is very
high.  I have been growing these berries for two years now.  They had
an average tasting june crop and very good tasting berries after
that.  This is in my Maryland  climate, they may well behave
differently for you.

Scott