[NAFEX] Varmints and Netting

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Sun Nov 25 10:22:38 EST 2007

Diane,
    Go to a hobby store and buy some red beads and aluminum wire to take
care of your cherry eating birds.  I have zero problem with birds eating my
cherries.  I leave the cherry decoys in the trees all year.  The soft
aluminum wire expands as the branches expand and if I find decoys on the
ground, I know some critter pulled it off.
    Warning:  If you loop the wire around the beads, it won't fool the
critters.  You've got to attach the wire so it mimics the  cherries.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

I used to have cherry picking parties here and everyone went home with
a box full.  Then the crows noticed and have nested in my surrounding
conifers ever since.  They like them as they just start to colour, so
the cherries are all gone before they are ripe enough for me.

Diane Whitehead