[NAFEX] winter and trees in pots, Amanda's experience

Amanda Emily amanda at wa-geek.net
Sat Nov 24 18:17:33 EST 2007

Sorry I haven't replied back sooner, thanksgiving holiday and family
showing up.

The barrels are sitting on a 3" deep bed of lava rock - it may or may
not hold in heat from the day and distribute it at night.

Nighttime temps drop below 0 in late Dec-early Jan and climb into the
teens during the day and it stays like that for 3-4 weeks.

A picture of William's Pride on M26 is here
http://www.amandaemily.com/williamspride-2.jpg

The view in this image is facing towards the southwest, the tree is
around 6 1/2 - 7' tall, not including the barrel. The lavarock you see
on the surface of the barrels was placed this year due to the neighbor's
cats discovering and using it as a kitty-box. The tree I'll admit is a
bit skimpy thanks to Bambi and her friends using it as a salad bar a few
months ago.