[NAFEX] Mason Bee Site an Plans

Richard MURPHY murphman108 at msn.com
Sat Nov 24 17:14:46 EST 2007

Hello Squad;

Log on to this site; it's cool.
Much info on Mason Bees, which I have lots of, native ones.
They even give you plans for building a Mason Bee Dwelling, which is nothing more than a
plank with holes in it. Don't use PT of course.

I cheated and bought a couple of these from Fedco.
I hung up 3 of them figuring 'what the heck' a cheap test will be fun...............

The all became populated with Masons, and a few predatory wasps.
If you got a 5/16" drill bit (long one) and a block of wood, you're in business.

Murph

http://www.umext.maine.edu/onlinepubs/htmpubs/7153.htm#nesting%20houses<http://www.umext.maine.edu/onlinepubs/htmpubs/7153.htm#nesting%20houses>