[NAFEX] Leaves?

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Fri Nov 23 09:43:37 EST 2007

> Yes, this seems late for the apples to hold their leaves, and it seems
> like everything else is holding leaves longer than usual, too.  The
> oak leaves are only about 1/2 down.

My apples don't seem to have lost a leaf yet, but everything has been
slow to drop leaves this year (not that bad, though). Of course, it's
been a very warm fall, at least until the last couple of days. It was 78
degrees on Monday (only 12° now).

It's also been very dry. We've had only .05" of precipitation in the
last month, which is low even for us. (Yet we're way ahead for the year.
It's been a very strange year, weather-wise.) But I don't know if that
would affect leaf drop.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
Since when do we have to agree with people to defend them from
injustice? - Lillian Hellman