[NAFEX] Pixie crunch fruiting in fall

Pete Tallman pete_tallman at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 18 21:30:21 EST 2007

Several of my trees put out a sample of the same type of 3/4 inch apples this fall from a re-bloom. I think I get this from flowers forming after summer pruning. Not consistent from year to year which varieties do this. Quality of the resulting apples isn't very good, but if you are coming from a completely barren year, I can imagine they could be welcome. For me, only Smokehouse has produced extra-season apples that were any good.

Pete Tallman
Longmont, CO  erratic zone 5