[NAFEX] Seeking book/internet site reviewers (for Journal of Agricultural and Food Information)

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Nov 16 20:35:16 EST 2007

I've gotten these.  They are very heavily weighted to scientific
research papers.  You frequently need some serious background in plant
physiology, biochemistry, genetics, etc.  to get much out of them.  A
hobbiest or novice fruit grower may not find a lot of material that
will interest them.   This is more for researchers, serious commercial
growers, and processors.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.

On Nov 16, 2007, at 5:21 PM, Jacquelyn Kuehn wrote:

NAFEXers, I'm passing this along for Madeleine Charney. It's a good
deal!

> Seeking book reviewers for Journal of Agricultural and Food Information
> (Haworth Press).
> http://www.haworthpressinc.com/store/product.asp?sku=J108
>
> Volunteer to review one or more titles -- you keep the book!
>
> For writer's guidelines and more information, contact Madeleine Charney
> mcharney at library.umass.edu or 413-577-0784.
>

> For NAFEX listserv:
>
> Biology and Chemistry of Jerusalem Artichoke by Kays and
> Nottingham(CRC, 2008)
> http://www.amazon.com/Biology-Chemistry-Jerusalem-Artichoke-
> Helianthus/dp/1420044958/ref=sr_1_1/104-7474502-1174346?
> ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1193417146&sr=1-1
>
> Berry Fruit: Value-added Products for Health Promotion by Zhao(CRC,
> 2007)
> http://www.amazon.com/Berry-Fruit-Value-Added-Promotion-
> Technology/dp/0849358027/ref=sr_1_1/104-7474502-1174346?
> ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1193417171&sr=1-1
>
> Tomato Plant Culture: In the Field, Greenhouse, and Home Garden by
> Jones(CRC, 2007)
> http://www.amazon.com/Tomato-Plant-Culture-Greenhouse-
> Garden/dp/0849373956/ref=sr_1_1/104-7474502-1174346?
> ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1193417192&sr=1-1
>

> --
> Madeleine Charney
> Reference Services Librarian
> Research and Instructional Services
> University of Massachusetts                    413-577-0784
> W.E.B. Du Bois Library                         413-577-1536 (FAX)
> Amherst, MA  01003-9275
> mcharney at library.umass.edu

sites.
permission!