[NAFEX] Peach rootstock

Pete Solis petessolis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:58:14 EST 2007

Hi,

My grandfather had a peach tree on his old farm that's probably going
to die soon. I'd like to propagate it onto my farm this year, for
both his sake and mine, but I'm at a loss as to where I can get peach
rootstock, as my old standbys, St. Lawrence Nursery and FedCo Trees,
don't carry it. I have no idea what kind of peach it is, other than
really really delicious. Based on what books I do have my inclination
is towards Lovell or Halford stock. There haven't been trees of any
kind on the farm for quite some time. (I'm changing that!)

The soil on the farm is well drained, sandy loam, ex-pasture.

So, do any of you have recommendations for types of stock and
preferred suppliers?

Thanks a bunch,
Pete Solis
(zone 4-5)