[NAFEX] red maples

Jerrydana5 at aol.com Jerrydana5 at aol.com
Wed Nov 7 11:12:29 EST 2007

I want to ask what sounds like a stupid question:  What makes red  maples
red?  We have a red maple in our yard, and a couple of silver  maples.  The Red
maple turns yellow,  just like the silver  maples.  The Silver maples actually
have a tinge of red, more than most of  the silver maples around here.  The
other red maples around our town are  bright red - beautiful.  I am quite sure
of the variety-I know the  difference between red and silver maples.  Could it
be soil?   Light?  Jerry in southern Indiana