[NAFEX] Problems with Honeycrisp Apples

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Sat May 19 14:55:13 EDT 2007

Over the past three years, we have planted over 1,000 new honeycrisp trees
as well as another 2,000 divided between Ginger Gold, Early Auvil Fuji,
Granny Smith, Sansa, Jonamac, Suncrisp, Crispin and Royal Cortland.  The
honeycrisp trees have not been a problem for us and are producing well after
only three years.  We have had to do no thinning, and find the B9 root stock
not over vigorous.  B9 is just the opposite and we have to fertilize
annually to produce the equivalent growth of M26.  According to the article,
we should be having problems that we have not experienced as of yet.  The
only problem we have is trying to determine how much we should charge for
them!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com