[NAFEX] split limbs

Toni Pralle toni.pralle at gmail.com
Sun May 13 09:19:45 EDT 2007

After the April snow storm when the rabbits pruned my trees, I waited to see
what lived and what died. At least one peach tree has split limbs - I
presume (from reading here) that the sap froze. I expected those limbs to
die but some haven't. They are not as leafed out as other parts of the tree
but definately alive. I need to keep as much living tissue as possible since
the rabbits did such a thorough job of pruning. Is there anything I can do
for them at this late date? Or would it be better to cut those off, too? If
I remember correctly there is a split in the trunk, too. These trees are not
even 5 feet tall and the side branches are inches long.

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/