[NAFEX] pruning technique info please

tanis grif tanisgrif at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 12:40:08 EDT 2007

I was recently introduced to a dwarf apple pruning/training technique called
"knip-boom", or snip-tree or cut-tree.  I think I understand it generally, but would
like to learn more, plus I think other listers might be interested.  But, can't find
any articles via net-searches-- I'm NOT the best surfer.

My main questions right now are
Can it be used with any rootstocks, or only certain dwarfing ones?
Pears too (plus rootstock question)?

Thanks for any help.