[NAFEX] Are GM crops killing honeybees?

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Wed Mar 28 08:52:48 EDT 2007

Karl,
    You may well have hit on something worth investigating.  I have
witnessed honeybees harvesting corn pollen (see Karl's email, below).

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

The problem is that with this new wave of bee deaths we do NOT KNOW what is
happening and every hypothesis needs another look.  When you look at BT corn
pollen....it's job is to kill ....so the obvious thing is to revisit the
studies and see IF there might be a link.  It's nice to think that this was
thoroughly studied....but then corn is not insect pollinated so who knows
what they were looking for when they did the initial safety reviews.   The
bee death problem is real,,,,and when you can't find your favorite food at
the store it might well be too late to raise the alarm.

Karl W. Olson, D.M.D.
zone 5 Easton, CT.....with lost hives nearly every year