[NAFEX] Apple Question - dumb

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Tue Mar 27 17:31:01 EDT 2007

Standard trees of Northern Spy can take 12 years or more to bear.   It
follows that other varieties could easily take that long.
FWIW, there was a nursery that kept a non-bearing apple that they
regularly propagated.  When they were out of a variety, they would send
trees of this out.  No one could complain it was the wrong variety
because it never bore fruit, so who could say what it was?  The place
is long gone, though there are others with the same kind of ethics
around.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
For growing supplies and more;  http://www.grapegrowersolutions.com