[NAFEX] Are interstocks on pecans common?

Hans Brinkmann hans-brinkmann at t-online.de
Wed Mar 7 07:29:15 EST 2007

Hallo Lucky,

probably some Hickory varieties are like some of our German Juglans
regia varieties.
We have e.g. one quite new and very resistant "Miracle of Monrepos"
which is unfortunately very difficult to graft.
Sometimes even walnut nurseries do not have any success at all with the
wrong Juglans regia rootstock.
We say, the more related, the better the grafting results, but this is
only a rule for some difficult varieties.

I stratified already "Carlson 3" Pecan and right today I ordered
additionally from the USA
the only available Pecan: "Snaps" as possible rootstocks.

Thank you very much!

ciao
Hans