[NAFEX] Fruit Bagging

Scott Smith scott at cs.jhu.edu
Thu Mar 1 15:59:02 EST 2007

I used 5x7 drawstring bags last year and they were OK for all apple
sizes I had.  They were getting a bit tight on the biggest apples
such as my Canada Reinettes.  If many of my apples were the big
triploids I would probably go for 6x8.  The 4x6 bags should work well
on most peaches.  In any case the footies are probably a better
option since they are cheaper and they stretch.

By the way, taking off the bags early would not be an option for me,
the oriental fruit moth is as bad as the curculio here, and it lasts
all season long.

Scott