[NAFEX] Sour/sweet cherry hybrids

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Fri Jun 29 12:10:44 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/29/2007 11:11:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jmichaelnave at yahoo.com writes:

> Does anyone sell sweet x sour cherry hybrids in the US? (Prunus avium x
> Prunus cerasus)

These hybrids are often refereed to as Duke cherries. Don't know of any
nursery propagating them. I happen to have one that the person who selected it
thinks is fairly good. My tree was budded. It is small, black when ripe and fairly
good to eat out of hand. It isn't sweet nor sour maybe "sugar neutral" is a
good description. Last year it was loaded and the birds love it.

Jerry
zone 5b