[NAFEX] Primocaine raspberry?

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Tue Jun 26 14:18:45 EDT 2007

Pete Tallman, our NAFEX Rubus chairman patented a primocane fruiting
black raspberry just this May.   He bred it from wild material that
produces fruit on primocanes.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
For growing supplies and more;  http://www.grapegrowersolutions.com

On Jun 26, 2007, at 10:28 AM, William C. Garthright wrote:

> Every now and then, black raspberries will put out a strong cane which
> grows and acts like a primocane and starts flowering just before the
> main crop ripens about 4-6 weeks after the normal flowering time.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info! I'll keep an eye on it to see
what happens next.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
Men create gods after their own image, not only with regard to their
form but with regard to their mode of life. - Aristotle

sites.
permission!

No exceptions.
used to change other email options):