[NAFEX] persimmon trees leafing out NOW

JAMES ELIE tomelzear at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 24 15:23:18 EDT 2007

I have had the same thing happen to me.  An Ecos persimmon (about a foot in height) I picked up from Oikos Tree Crops this past spring has just leafed out within the last week.  From what I could see, it had passed on.  Luckily, I hadn't gotten around to pulling it.  The late leafing is a little perplexing.  All other persimmons had been leafed out for at least a month or better. Jim in Green Bay zone 4b/5a.