[NAFEX] japanese beetle questions

nottke1 nottke1 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 13 21:28:16 EDT 2007

George,
I have a small 15 tree pawpaw orchard and I get very good pollination without nailing roadkill to the fence.  My pawpaws are along side pear/apple/plum/peach trees that overlap in bloom period, and while those are pollinated by bees, I see the same small flies that work the pawpaw flowers visiting some of the pome and stone fruit flowers as well.
So I think mother nature provides enough flies without any help.
My recollection is that Kentucky State University did not find any attractant necessary for pollinating their massive pawpaw grove.
Jim