[NAFEX] Illinois Everbearing Mulberry

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Mon Jun 11 08:46:15 EDT 2007

> I was interested to hear about other people's experience with this mulberry. I had just recently bought mine from Burnt Ridge and set it in ground bareroot in April. We had cold weather, although nothing as extreme in scope as some of you have described. However, my mulberry never broke dormancy either in zone 6, PA which was most disappointing.

I bought my first Illinois Everbearing mulberry from Forestfarm a little
over a year ago, and it never broke dormancy, either. They sent me a
replacement that I planted June 7, 2006, and it grew very well - very
fast - and looked great. But it didn't break dormancy this year. Of
course, we had that April cold snap this year. But I'm wondering about
the pattern with this tree.

Well, I bought another one this spring, so we'll see how that goes.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
120 million of us place the big bang 2,500 years after the Babylonians
and Sumerians learned to brew beer. - Sam Harris