[NAFEX] a very pleasant surprise!

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Tue Jun 5 23:22:14 EDT 2007

Treat them like new vines.  Clean out around them, train a shoot as a
trunk and remove all but one of the other shoots on each vine.  Keep
that one pinched off at the tip to retard it.  It's a reserve.  Once
the main vine is trained up you can remove the "spare".   This assumes
you are growing the vines with single trunks.  In cold climates it's
usually better to train to two or even three trunks.  With three, at
least one will survive a bad winter more than 90% of the time.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
For growing supplies and more;  http://www.grapegrowersolutions.com