[NAFEX] Raccoon prevention (squirrels too!)

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Mon Jun 4 09:31:52 EDT 2007

Mark,
    When I had a Raccoon problem, I bought a piece of 2 ft. wide flashing*
from the lumber/hardware store.  I nailed one end (top and bottom) to the
tree and wrapped the flashing around the tree, securing it with two more
nails.  Nail damage to the trees was minimal.  The coons never returned.
    You folks with squirrel problems ought to try this too.

*  Flashing is a length of sheet metal that roofers use for a valley to join
shingles where two roof angles meet.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

I just looked out the window to see a big raccoon way up in the top of one
of my sweet cherry trees.  They eat everything and wreck the tree to boot.
What is the best way to keep them out of trees?   They also get almost all
of my peaches later on, too.

Mark