[NAFEX] Curculio / Surround adhesion question

Mark Dorogi mddorogi at comcast.net
Mon Jun 4 09:10:24 EDT 2007

I used Surround for a few years on apples, also using a Solo backpack
sprayer.

As I recall, the Surround label recommends not using an extra sticker, since
it already has it.

The main thing is that you really have to spray at least two and perhaps
three, times for your initial coverage.  And I found it helpful to have a
pretty fine spray setting, and keep the pressure high.  If it rains, you've
got to renew the coverage.

The Surround did seem to work well for curc on my apples, at least the one
year where I was really energetic with spraying.  I found it tough to keep
up with all the spraying.

So now I'm bagging the apples, since I only have 10 trees.  Perhaps that
would work with plums too.

Thanks for the advice on the raccoons!

Mark