[NAFEX] Saskatoon Research

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun Jun 3 11:27:24 EDT 2007

The ones I had exhibited a "burst" growth habit that would be
consistent with the climate where they originated.  They break bud
early, bloom and start to  grow quickly, then about July first they set
terminal buds and won't grow any more no matter how much water and
fertilizer they get.  A selection of the local form broke bud after the
Canadian material had bloomed, and continued to grow until early
September.
Is the " burst" growth habit what you are seeing?
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
For growing supplies and more;  http://www.grapegrowersolutions.com