[NAFEX] OIKOS plums ??

Matt Demmon mdemmon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 15:28:30 EST 2007

I don't have any experience with the Oikos varieties in particular,
but I know the American plums from around here range from best
flavored plum i've ever had to so sour as to be almost inedible fresh.
Hopefully the Oikos seedlings would range towards the former. And the
only Prunus nigra i've found was really awful. Hope that helps!

-matt

ann arbor, mi

On 1/28/07, Richard MURPHY <murphman108 at msn.com> wrote:

> Greetings Fellow Fruits;
>
> I look at their catalog and wonder why I don't throw in 25 Beach Plums or
> Nana or Dunbars or American.....
>
> The intended use is fresh eating and / or Winemaking/ roadside stand.
>
> I'm trialing Stanley and Mt. Royal in the same orchard in zone 4 Maine.
>
> Anybody tried these ??
>
> All opinions are appreciated !
>
> Richard Murphy

> sites.
> permission!

> No exceptions.
> ----
> To subscribe or unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page (also can be used
> to change other email options):

-matt
aim: farmerdemmon
www.flickr.com/photos/farmerdemmon