[NAFEX] Pixie Crunch apple scionwood - Not

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Thu Jan 25 09:43:39 EST 2007

At 09:35 PM 1/24/2007, Pete wrote:
>A little Googling and patent search reveals that Pixie Crunch (TM) is a
>trademarked name, which in turn represents the Co-Op 33 cultivar out of
>Purdue, which is patented as PP 13,871, with patent application date
>December 21, 2001. (Patent issued June 2003.)
>
> >From this, we in NAFEX or on this list should not be sharing or asking for
>Pixie Crunch  or Co-op 33 scionwood without the appropriate patent licensing
>authorization until around December 22, 2021
>Folks looking for Pixie Crunch(TM) apple should plan to buy a licensed tree.

Thanks, Pete.
I wondered if it might still be under patent/trademark protection.
Guess I'm an old fuddy-duddy, too.  If it's illegal/unethical to
share it around without paying the royalty, I'll not be party to
it.  I'd be willing to pay the royalty, if I knew who to send it to.
Thanks to the members who offered...but I guess I'll pass.

Lucky