[NAFEX] Cherry on P. dulcis

Jim Fruth jfruth at uslink.net
Thu Jan 18 10:00:15 EST 2007

Charlie,
    When I lived in Cathays Valley, California (that's West of Yosemite
Park, in the foothills of  the Sierras), I had a hedgerow of Wild Almond,
Prunus dulcis.  Wild Almonds are about the bitterest thing I have ever put
in my mouth.  To make them useful, I grafted everything Prunus I could find.
Peaches, Nectarines, Plums, Sweet Almonds AND Sweet Cherry.  Does that come
closer to answering your question?

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472