[NAFEX] What's (problematically) compatible with pear?

Hans Brinkmann hans-brinkmann at t-online.de
Thu Jan 18 07:59:22 EST 2007

Hallo Beekeeper,
Cherry on Prunus maritina Beach plum sounds very realistic.
Cherry rootstock are e.g.:
Prunus avium
P. mahaleb
P. cerasus Hybrids
P. avium x P. pseudocerasus = Colt
P. avium x P. fruticosa
P. avium x P. mahaleb = e.g. MxM 2 (USA)
P. canescens x P. cerasus = e.g. GiSelA 5 (USA)
P. fruticosa x P. cerasus
P. canescens
P. x Dawyckensis = GM 61/1

Prunus tomentosa = Weito;  is used as a rootstock for Plums (but Sharka
problem)

ciao
Hans