[NAFEX] New Experience: Frost!

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Sat Jan 13 19:18:03 EST 2007

Here in Northern Illinois, frost is always an issue in early spring.  We use
the mentioned water treatment along with our trickle irrigation.  Not only
does the freezing water create heat, but the water going into the ground
will also create heat, usually a degree or two.  to help with the monitoring
of the temperature, you can check out http://weather.weatherbug.com/ where
you cna get your local weather on your computer desktop and set a low
temperature warning that will alert you when a certain temperature is
reached.  If you set it for 34 to 35 degrees, you will be able to protect
your trees before a freeze can hurt them.  This is a free service if you
don't mind the ads or you can subscribe, as we do.  Hope this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard