[NAFEX] Wine making -best rust-resistant black currants?

Naomi dragon-star at cableone.net
Sat Jan 13 11:39:36 EST 2007

I do not mean this as a slam.  I have two black currant bushes in my front
flower bed.  They produce a couple of gallons of fruit each.  I make some
wine at home.  I have plums, peaches, apricot, apples , grapes..Usually I
use a gallon jug for  wine making if I want to keep varieties separate.  I
use the 5 gallon if I am doing "Spring blend" or" late summer blend".  I
wind up with a lot more wine than I am inclined to drink.  This past year I
added a vinegar culture to one of the "blends"  just because I had too much
wine.  It made a lovely fruity vinegar.  Fortunately we also like sushi.

25 feet of Black currants can produce a lot of juice.  Nice jam though.. I
make "blend"  jams a lot also.

Naomi

  _____