[NAFEX] Summer Apples

lee elliott pippmsxx at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 08:17:37 EST 2007

The very best summer apples (according to my customers) are Ginger Gold, Mollies Del, Akane and the new Zestar,  all are very good tasting with good texture and large except Akane which is a Jonathan type cooking apple, I don't like Transparent or Lodi because they drop so bad and the picking window is so short.They ripen in early August here in south central Illinois, Lee Elliott, Winchester, Il